Mercury Maritime, a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC), today was named a 2022 Consumer Electronics Clearly show (CES) Innovation Award honoree in the Auto & Transportation classification for the V12 600hp Verado outboard motor. This is the second consecutive CES Innovation Award for Mercury. In 2021, Mercury’s 1st Mate Marine Method technological innovation received in two groups, earning the Ideal of Innovation designation in the In-Automobile Amusement & Security classification and the CES Innovation Award honor in the Auto Intelligence & Transportation classification.
“We are thrilled to be recognized with a CES Innovation Award for the 2nd consecutive yr,” claimed Dave Foulkes, Brunswick Company CEO. “The Mercury 600hp V12 Verado is the most innovative and best doing outboard motor in the planet and decreases environmental impression by featuring excellent gasoline performance and quietness, and this award is a testomony to the world-class Mercury crew. Our disciplined, design and style-imagining tactic to acquiring new items and the execution of our ACES tactic continues to elevate the long run of boating.”
“It is an unbelievable honor for Mercury Maritime to win a further CES Innovation Award, a single of the leading innovation awards in the environment,” claimed Chris Drees, Mercury Marine president. “We are on the lookout ahead to showcasing two of these award-successful engines in the Brunswick exhibit at CES 2022, supplying attendees from all around the planet the chance to witness what numerous are calling the most revolutionary engine in the maritime business and the most strong outboard we have ever built.”
The V12 Verado outboard, released in February 2021, features the following improvements:
- The world’s initially V12 outboard, the 600hp Verado motor attributes a normally aspirated, quad‑cam powerhead that generates amazing torque to accelerate heavier boats swiftly to their most effective planing pace
- The industry’s very first integrated automated transmission, which optimizes engine efficiency and gas economic system for both acceleration and cruise
- Innovative hydrodynamic contra-rotating dual propellers (4 blades in front, 3 in rear) which provide superior overall blade space to competently provide torque
- The industry’s initial steerable gearcase on an outboard, which pivots independently underwater even though the engine’s powerhead continues to be in a compact, preset position, giving a lot more place for multi‑engine configurations and a broader steering angle for agile handling.
- A comprehensive new sounds-administration procedure less than the cowl and the next-generation Sophisticated MidSection, producing the V12 Verado engine the quietest and smoothest substantial-horsepower outboard ever created.
The CES Innovation Awards method, owned and developed by the Client Technologies Affiliation (CTA), is an yearly level of competition honoring superb structure and engineering in shopper technological innovation solutions across 28 merchandise groups. An elite panel of field skilled judges, including associates of the media, designers, engineers and more, reviewed submissions based mostly on innovation, engineering and functionality, aesthetic, and layout.